Are you a communications manager who wants to work on global brands in a high growth environment while having opportunities to travel?
Join the team at Clearbox.
We’re looking for a communications manager to join our team. You’ll work on high profile brands like Amazon, Universal Pictures and Zoopla, local companies who are successful on the world stage like 3EN and Synergy Learning, international brands like ROOM and Neptune Software and ambitious challenger brands shaking up their markets. This includes Hey Chick! and Plate Up. The salary for this role is £30k - £42k per year, depending on experience.
What you will be doing
The role of the communications manager is at the centre of everything we do. You’re the engine room of our campaigns, managing your team and our clients. From creating and approving content to managing the development of junior staff and keeping clients updated on projects, the successful candidate will work alongside the senior team at Clearbox on stellar campaigns for household names.
You’ll receive in-depth training from internal and external training providers across a wide range of subjects – not just PR. We’re passionate about helping our team develop as PR professionals and as people, and our bespoke training plans and platforms help to deliver that. In 2022, some of the training we’ve done (in addition to the job stuff) includes female leadership, identifying and managing stress, assertiveness, resilience and dealing with disparity in behaviour and language.
The role also offers an exciting opportunity to work across Europe with our sister agency in Berlin, Laika, on shared clients, staff exchange programmes and joint events.
Who we are
Clearbox is an award-winning PR, CSR and social media agency. The company is nine years old, has a team of nine, and works with a wide range of local, national and global clients who are leaders in their field.
Our innovative working practices, incredible clients, talented team, and ultra-modern working environment offers a strong platform for driven, ambitious people who aspire to be elite performers.
At our heart is a passion for creating pathways for young professionals in Northern Ireland to work with amazing clients and deliver meaningful communications programmes that create an impact for the brands we work with. We’ve operated a successful graduate recruitment programme since we opened our doors. Earlier this year we launched Absolute Beginners, an apprenticeship programme for people who couldn’t or didn’t go into higher education.
To nail this role:
• You will be creative and organised
• You will be highly proactive
• You’ll know what a story is (and what isn’t)
• You will genuinely care about the development of the junior members of your team and give them opportunities to grow
• You will have a desire to develop yourself
• You’ll be confident in your ability and be able to thrive in a culture of freedom and responsibility
• You will nurture relationships with existing clients
· You won’t stand still, and you always focus on what’s next
· You will receive everything you need to understand the challenge, as well as the tools to help get you where you want to be
What you will have
As extensions of our clients’ teams, Clearbox has a clear set of standards, values and a culture that helps us deliver outstanding client service. You will play a part in that service, and you will become a part of our vision, values, and culture. These change to keep pace with modern society and industry practices, and you will be able to keep up with these changes, as well as help direct them.
• You have 4 years’+ experience in PR, comms or marketing with 1 years’ experience in managing a team or junior members of staff
• You want to have the freedom to deliver results in your way, with lots of support
• You have a strong work ethic and an ability to problem solve
• You don’t want to be spoon-fed
• You are respectful
Clearbox company benefits
An unbelievable client list, a brilliant team, unlimited holidays, travel opportunities to Berlin, London and more, flexible working (we currently spend two days a week together), a brand spanking new office, health insurance, mental health training, personal development budget, company training, side hustle investment, Apple tech and more.
1. Don’t be a d**k. We respect each other, we respect our clients, we respect our suppliers, and we respect ourselves.
2. Creativity. We have original ideas that add value. We are curious and passionate.
3. Hard work. We’re the hardest workers in the room. We believe there are no shortcuts to success.
4. Humility. Every day is a school day. We’re never too old to learn something new. We reject know-it-alls. We listen more than we talk.
5. Consistency. We can be counted on to act in a predictable manner. We show up every day.
6. Accountability. We are answerable for our actions and the actions of our team. We uphold commitments to each other and to our clients.
7. Care. We care. For our team, our clients, our standards, our results, our community, our impact.
To apply for the role, please send your CV along with your favourite song of 2022* (and why) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 6th January 2023.
*It doesn’t have to be a song FROM 2022, just one you listened to a lot in 2022.